Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Rustic Upcycled Cord Storage

The cords for all the electronic devices laying around the house are making me crazy!  I've seen some nifty ideas around the web using toilet paper rolls to store them in.  Since I often use my cords on different floors of my house, I wanted to make something that was portable.  Check out this trunk that I picked up at a yard sale:


It's a small decorative piece sitting on my shelf day to day.  But when I open it up, viola:


Cardboard tubes organize my cords and there is still room left for larger chargers that plug into the wall and for both my still and video cameras.  I took the liberty of cutting the tops of the tubes at an angle and labeling the taller edge.  They are the perfect size for a snug fit when the lid is closed making moving the case without jumbling everything up a breeze!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...