Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2014

How to Carve a House Number Plaque from Pallet Wood

My final little DIY project for mom and dad's Mailbox Makeover is this scrap wood house number plaque that I carved with my Dremel.


It's big, you can see it clear down the road...that's what I was going for.  Unfortunately, as the parents age we have to think about things like clearly marked house numbers for the ambulance.  A lesson learned when my dad started having unexplained seizures last summer.  He's better, but big numbers are a good thing.  And this one is totally unique, not another one like it on the block.

This was a pretty easy project.  After painting my wood, I used a High Speed Cutter
in my Dremel to carve the numbers.  Then a few eye screws and a couple plant hooks were all I needed to hang the plaque.  Of course I whipped up a video tutorial so be sure to check it out.

And that wraps up the Mailbox Makeover.  Here's one more look at the finished project:


If you missed my post on that DIY pallet wood edging you can find it here.

12 comments:

  1. I love this - definitely one to try! It's very difficult to tell our address from the street (lots of trees!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need this idea...our numbers are fading and difficult to see. Thanks for sharing on the Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We now have the required, ugly, but important green number sides at the end of everyones' driveways. This is way cuter! Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great week! ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm familiar with those end of driveway numbers. Sorry you fell "victim" to them!

      Delete
  4. Wow !! What an awesome transformation !!!
    Naush from Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tips are helpful for the person to make good course. This content is so valuable and surely unique that people are happy and really helpful for them. there is no any other ways to get customers than email Marketing and no any pressure from your side, neither in the form of request nor hint or reminder in any ways.

    www.birchi.in

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...