Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

My Trashy Autumn Wreath

I love my new Autumn wreath, it's made completely of trash!  Okay so I exaggerate, but only slightly.  I have about fifty cents (MAYBE) worth of glue  and duct tape in this project, about a dime in wire and another dime's worth of T-shirt.  Everything else was repurposed from junk laying around the house.  Can you tell?


I have a quickie video over on my YouTube Channel to show you how I made this wreath.  The main reason I wanted to share it with you though is to show you that with a little creativity/insanity (call it what you will), you don't need to spend a lot of money or buy new stuff to decorate.  This wreath was made from the following objects;

  • A pool noodle
  • A T-shirt
  • A broken wind chime
  • A grapevine that my mom "gifted" me after removing it from her kitchen window after about a decade of decorative use
  • A couple of sunflowers and spray paint - both left over from other projects
So tell me, what do you think?  Is there a trashy Autumn wreath in your future?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your "Trashy" Autumn wreath! It is exactly like something I would do! I'm always throwing together new things out of what I have around the house. Lovely! I'm pinning this one for future reference too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bonnie! They say great minds thinks alike. Hope you end up make one for yourself!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...